In this episode of NETRF’s NETWise podcast, learn about important neuroendocrine tumor diagnostic tests including Gallium 68, Ki-67, and 5-HIAA.
Listen as we discuss common NET tests so you can understand their role in your treatment planning and be better able to understand what the results mean. We’ll describe:
– CT and MRI scans
– PET-CT scans
– Octreotide scans
– Gallium-68 (Ga-68) dotatate PET
– Endoscopy and biopsy
You will also hear from two patients about their experiences with diagnosis and monitoring.
Pathology plays a role in determining a diagnosis as well as determining grade. You will learn about well-differentiated and poorly-differentiated NETs and what that may mean for determining treatment. We also talk about blood and urine tests and how they may be used for detection and monitoring. Finally, we speak with physicians about building an expert care team and how you can work with both a local doctor and distant expert to get the best care.
Use our episode infographics to get a visual picture of some of the things we have discussed.
– What are the diagnostic tests used for NETs? https://netrf.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/Testing-for-NETs-Final.pdf
– Which treatment specialists make up a NET multidisciplinary care team? https://netrf.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/Care-Team-Final.pdf
Download a transcript of this episode https://netrf.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/NETWise-Epsode2-Transcript-Ready1.pdf
– ABOUT NETWISE –
NETWise Podcast Homepage https://netrf.org/podcast/
Subscribe to NETWise podcast https://netrf.org/podcast-subscribe/
(c) 2019 NETRF
NETWise is supported by the Vincent E. Taylor Patient Education Fund, Lexicon Pharmaceuticals, and Advanced Accelerator Applications.
– ABOUT NETRF –
NETRF.org is a leading funder of neuroendocrine tumor research in the U.S. and abroad. As a nonprofit foundation, NETRF is also committed to educating patients and families about #NeuroendocrineCancer with:
– Live patient conferences and YouTube live streams https://netrf.org/events/patient-and-caregiver-conferences/
– Web-based information https://netrf.org/for-patients/nets-info/
– NETWise podcast https://netrf.org/podcast/
– Free printed guide to neuroendocrine cancer for patients and families
Get #NeuroendocrineTumor news and info
-Subscribe to NETRF newsletter https://signup.e2ma.net/signup/1815153/1773232/